JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Project Engineer assists with project management and contract administration and is considered a Project Manager in training.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintenance Handoff
- Submittals and Close-Outs
- Administrative Tasks
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDF
- Preferred experience with Sage Accounting Software
- Able to read and understand blueprints and specs
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively both, independently and as part of a team (team-oriented)
- Effective and professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask, and be flexible
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Bilingual, (Spanish) is preferred but not required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a High School Diploma or GED is required, and a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Project Assistant in construction or a related industry. Landscape and irrigation product knowledge is a plus, and one (1) year of accounting/finance experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to move up to 40lbs.
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines